Do you have that artist friend or relative that impossibly hard to buy any gift or present for? It seems like they have or have made anything you could possible buy as a gift for them?
Well look no further as I am also an artist and here are the perfect 10 gifts for an artist! Take my word for it!
- I love anything that comes in a beautiful wood box. These Sennelier artists’ oil paints are dense, buttery and highly pigmented. Making them an absolute pleasure to work with.
- Sculpey oven bake clay is a pretty amazing product. Have a bit of fun with these, great for making jewellery.
- Art Spectrum have just brought out this studio easel which can also be adjusted to go flat which makes it very functional.
- Art Magazine subscriptions are a great idea. Here’s one that I particularly like and get on a regualr basis. Great for inspiration and keeping up with the latest art news!.
- A Tube Squeezer. This will save your fingers a lot of work. Not to mention that you save money by getting every last bit out of your paint tubes.
- Schmincke Pastels. 60 beautiful colours in a wooden case – for that very special person as these are well over A$300.
- A brush holder. This is a very simple idea but great for keeping track of all your brushes. These come in a huge range of shapes and sizes but all do the same thing!
- Redline brushes, handcrafted from beechwood are excellent brushes, especially the one without the handle which I find gives you great control of brushstrokes.
- Colouring books. Sometimes it’s just nice to colour in and bring back the days of growing up! This can be a cheap gift that means a lot and suitable for any age bracket.
- Watercolour sets. Made by Sennelier, these come in lots of sizes and apparently contain honey which acts as a preservative and an additive that achieves brilliance and smoothness. Who would have guessed!
So there you have it, a list of supplies, gadgets and gifts that will keep any artist happy. Make sure to keep a list of these artist gifts so you can be prepared for the next birthday, Christmas or special occasion.
Sorry for the terrible quality photos but I thought it was a little more genuine than pulling images from the Internet!
Any great gifts for an artist that I missed? Please share in the comments!
Professional oil painting artist from Melbourne, Australia who specialises in landscapes, still life and abstract paintings. I enjoy sharing my art, experiences and knowledge with the online art community :)